Tuesday, May 15, 2012

..welcome to t&t!..

hello! my name is abby and i am food obsessed!  i. live. for. FOOD!  the first thought that comes to my mind after i've eaten is "well, that was delish, what's next?"  i guess the fact that i'm a total creature of habit doesn't help either.  i usually eat the same things of sorts for bfast, lunch, snack and din and have to eat at the same time every day (i guess i don't have to but i definitely prefer to).  i may eventually need professional help with this, but as of now, i don't think it's ruining my life ;)  i've always been a fan of food, but i discovered that i was a full-fledged foodie when i moved to nyc last summer.  i started a blog to keep my friends and family up to date with my fun adventures and pretty soon, the majority of my posts turned into what or where i was eating.  for the months leading up to the big move, i started watching EXTRA food network shows to find the best places to eat, the best things to eat and so on.  i bought a little notebook and jotted down all the places that appealed to me, checking them off as i went along.  i also discovered quite a few of my own gems just walking around the city or getting recommendations from people that i met.  i definitely ended up eating out more than i had anticipated, but it's much, much more convenient than going to the store, trying to get just enough of what you need but not too much that you can't carry it, catching the subway, walking sometimes a few blocks home... ya know, the typical nyc life.  the fact that our first "place" was a total dump, didn't help either.. long story, you can read about it here or here.  i ended up living in nyc for 3 months, and cannot tell you the exact amount of $$ i spent JUST on food, but i can tell you that it was A LOT!  the thing i miss most about nyc (besides some of my besties) is definitely the food.  when i got home, honestly, it did feel great to get back into my routine and plan out my meals for the week and cook more at home BUT i was craving something more.  there are very few places around here that i care to frequent (most restaurants close by are chains, of which i am not a huge fan) so, this began my love for discovering new recipes.  i work at a golf course and when i got back from nyc, it was early fall- which is the start of the "slow season" so, needless to say, i had plenty of time to watch food network/ cooking channel, watch daytime talk shows, browse the internet, read food mags, etc. (sometimes all at once! haha!)  My recipe list just kept getting bigger and bigger and BIGGER so i decided to start a food blog.  i figured i was making so many good things, why not share and why not document it and look back and remember all of these good eats?  so, voila! treats and tidbits was born!  why the name?  TREATS because, like i said earlier, most days i eat the same-ish thing, so for me to break form in any way, i consider it a treat.  now, when you hear "treat", you think sweet, right? while that might be true 90% of the time, especially in my case (i love sugar!) but in the case of this blog, a treat might also be a savory treat or could even be a treat meal.  with that being said, i eat a sweet treat every day.  anything from a piece of rich, dark chocolate, a scoop of ice cream, a cookie, or mine and my future mr.'s fave- a SKOOKIE!!  the treat portion will also consist of travelling treats- anything we eat, while on our travels, that we deem worthy to share on the blog.  TIDBITS could be anything... little ramblings of life, a cute outfit, my favorite nail color for the moment, skin care advice (i am a licensed esthetician), some little crafties, my cute kids (fluffy ones, for now), or my awesome fam and my darling nephew.  so, sit back, indulge and enjoy!! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment